Thank you for visiting Emma-Capital.com. We are always looking for good people, as people are our Company’s asset. We welcome individuals who are talented, energetic, and clever, and who share our core values of integrity, discipline, diligence, and creativity.
We pride ourselves on our ability to respond quickly to any inquiry. Please e-mail us, and we will follow up with you shortly.
Emma Capital is looking for an Asset Manager to oversee its rapidly growing U.S Multi-Family Portfolio.
The Asset Manager will be directly responsible for overseeing Emma Capital’s residential real estate properties and 3rd party property management companies, ensuring that the multi-family communities are efficiently managed for profitability, value appreciation, capital expenditure projects, and cost control while upholding quality standards to ensure resident and reporting requirements are being met.
Asset Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee U.S. property management companies to ensure all properties’ performances are maximized. Ensure effective management of and communication with local property management teams.
- Optimize and maximize the subsequent value of a growing multi-family residential portfolio in the U.S.
- Work closely with the principals to set the overall asset management strategy, develop a business strategy for each property in the portfolio that meets the property’s goals, respond to principals’ questions regarding their assets, and report on each asset and on the portfolio as a whole.
- Oversee the annual budget process (business plans).
- Ensure development, approval and execution of business plans for each property.
- Ensure properties are in compliance with state agency requirements, reporting and in good standing.
- Approve unbudgeted property expenses and, where required, obtain further approval.
- Communicate changes in property conditions, market conditions, or personnel situations which may impact property performance.
- Ensure that reporting to all stakeholders—including lenders, owners and others—is submitted timely and accurately.
- Oversee renovation/Capex budgets of the properties.
- Set leasing and occupancy targets for local property management, and communicate other critical targets.
- Find efficiencies and control properties’ expenses.
- Review marketing strategies and make recommendations for changes in advertising, pricing or programs.
- Effectively monitor, analyze and communicate about performance through delivery of required periodic financial reporting.
- Review capital improvement contracts and project cash needs to cover cost.
- Review rent collections, RUB collections and other income programs in place.
- Ensure that all multi-family communities have excellent curb appeal and physical condition consistent with company objectives.
- Review weekly, monthly and quarterly Asset Reports for content, accuracy, and performance.
- Complete financial reporting packages for owners on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including identification and tracking of key performance indicators.
- Implement best practices and develop new policies/procedures to streamline work flow across properties.
- Perform special ad hoc projects, analysis and reporting on a frequent basis.
- Travel to property locations on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Complete property due diligence on the acquisition of new assets.
- Perform analyses of property markets, real estate and economic trends.
- Perform property underwriting for new potential acquisitions.
- Participate in preparing investor acquisition packages.
- Participate in the financing and refinancing process for portfolio assets.
- Participate in the disposition process for portfolio assets.
The Successful Applicant prerequisite requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. MBA is an asset.
- Real estate asset management experience.
- Proficiency in acquisition due diligence, analytics, leasing and ongoing property value creation.
- Ability to travel frequently to the US.
- Broad knowledge of real estate accounting and financial software including: Yardi, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project), etc.
- The qualified candidate should be detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, extremely professional, and customer service oriented.
- Strong understanding of the multifamily real estate business.
- Effective communication skills and ability to provide direction to property management.
- Teamwork oriented: ability to work and prosper within a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with financial statement analysis, accounting and valuation methodologies.
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills. Excel and Yardi mastery required.
- Comfortable working with large quantities of data and able to quickly and accurately analyze and audit results.
- Must be technically savvy and willing to spend a significant amount of time on the back end of systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can lead projects to completion and meet critical deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Unwavering commitment to integrity and an unflinching resolve for maintaining the highest principles of the Emma Capital Brand.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.